Our History

OUR HISTORY

Our Club was founded in 1955

Amite Art Club was organized in 1955 by Mrs. Josephine Brumfield, Mrs. Margie Crowson, and Mrs. Merle Weigel, beginning with only 13 members. 

The club was established to promote development and appreciation of the arts in the area. 

Members encourage each other to produce original art works.  The club provides opportunities for community members to develop artistic abliities and awareness through workshops, and an annual fall art show.  We also sponsor weekly painting sessions.  A.A.C. meets monthly-September through May. 

We welcome new members.

OUR OFFICERS

Suzanne Shumate, President
Giesela Niedenfeur, Vice President
Theresa Beaubouef, Secretary
Doris Schwartz, Treasurer